Thursday, January 5, 2017

My 2017 Personal Theme

photo credit: cloudplanner weekly goals setting via photopin (license) 

It took me a few days, but I finally decided on my personal theme for 2017. It's based on a quote by Gordon B. Hinckley that he said often to his family, friends, and associates. ‘Keep trying. Be believing. Be happy. Don’t get discouraged. Things will work out.’

It's simple, but beautiful in its simplicity. I think each thing he suggests builds on each other. When I get knocked down by trials and setbacks, but get up and keep trying to be better and do better in my life, I feel stronger and more believing that I can do this. And when I believe in myself and have a plan for the direction I'm going in physically, spiritually, and mentally, I feel happy and less discouraged. Things do work out!

The more I think about this, the more I really like it and how it fits my goals for the year. If I were a crafty person, I would cross-stitch it into a pillow or something, but Post-It notes and journal entries will have to do for this girl.

Did you make resolutions? Or do you have a theme?

No comments: