Monday, December 5, 2016

The Forgotten Carols & A Book Review: Caitlyn's Christmas Wish



This past weekend I was able to go to The Forgotten Carols for the first time. It was an incredible experience that I won't soon forget! Both my husband and I were very touched by the music and the message. (And a big shoutout to Michelle Moore, who made it possible for me to go!)

This was my view as I waited for the show to start. I definitely had awesome seats to experience the wonder of it all. The acting really drew me into the story and the music touched my heart. Of course, the mystery of who John really is kept me wondering for the entire show. I really loved it, and I want to make this a new Bellon family tradition.



If you have a chance to see this show, you absolutely should. It's a great way to start off your Christmas season!

See showtimes here




I've started reading my holiday books and the first one was Caitlyn's Christmas Wish by Laura Walker.

This was a short and sweet novella about a single mother, named Caitlyn, who has gone to her ex-inlaws for Christmas so they can spend some quality time with their grandson. While there, she starts to feel the heat of attraction for her ex-brother-in-law. Just when their romance really gets some traction, her ex-husband shows up with some secrets that could destroy the happiness Caitlyn has found.

Caitlyn was a well-drawn character who has fought to have stability in her life after an eating disorder and messy divorce. I enjoyed her interactions with the Reel family, but most of all, with her baby. She was so anxious to be a good mother. Her romance with Ridge was a bit rushed, but it seems like all novellas are like that---wishing there was more. I thought this was a cute inspirational romance that left me with a smile and a sprinkle of Christmas spirit.

You can download your Kindle copy here for only .99 cents!

Here's the back copy:

Just when former model and single mother Caitlyn Drevier Reel has finally put her life on track after a divorce and six-month stint in rehab, she is surprised to receive an invitation from her ex-in-laws to spend Christmas with the family. After all, she reasons, her ex-husband Grant is constantly on the road with his band and it's only fair to allow them to get to know her young son, Brody. What Caitlyn isn't prepared for, however, is the spark of attraction she feels toward Ridge, Grant's older brother, or the sense of belonging to their wonderful family once again.

Ridge, who is recovering from his own personal heartache, seems to feel the same about her. As they work together to ensure the success of the Winter Festival his parents have organized for their small Wyoming town, Caitlyn begins to envision a bright future. But will Grant's unexpected arrival keep her Christmas wish from coming true? This inspirational novella will have you grabbing a cup of hot cocoa as you get in the holiday mood.

No comments: