Tuesday, July 19, 2016

My Apricot/Pineapple Jam Brings Out My Inner Domestic Goddess

I have been a domestic goddess today. I canned nearly seven quarts of apricot/pineapple jam! There is just something awesome about getting fruit freshly picked, cutting it up, and making it into jam. And it tastes so good!

Here's a picture of the first batch:


Someone recommended on Facebook to put the apricot/pineapple jam on grilled chicken so that's what we had for dinner tonight. It was SO GOOD! I highly recommend it. We also put it on pancakes. (And sandwiches. There are so many way to use it!)

Here's the recipe I used:

12 cups apricots, pitted and chopped
8 cups sugar
1 can crushed pineapple

Combine all three ingredients in a large pan. Cook on medium heat until it boils, then reduce heat and let simmer 3 to 4 hours. Stir often.

Do you can fruits and vegetables? What's your favorite recipe?

No comments: