Wednesday, December 17, 2014

You Deserve Some Pampering

Since this is generally one of the busiest months of the year, and as women, we sometimes put ourselves last, I was so happy to see that for Flylady this month (a home organization group that I follow) the monthly mission was to do something to pamper yourself every day.

I love this idea because pampering always seems like it has to be something big or expensive, but it doesn't really have to be.  So far I've done things like:

Made myself some hot chocolate and sit at the table for fifteen minutes without my to do list or anything else except sitting and relaxing.

I have a whole cupboard full of nice smelling candles, so I light one every day to make my house smell good.

Take a hot bubble bath.

Paint my nails.

Put some nice-smelling lotion on.

Call a friend I haven't talked to in a while.

Go to my favorite park on my way home from errands and roll down the window while I listen to Christmas songs and just breathe for a few minutes of solitude.

So, as you can see, they aren't big things, but they have made a world of difference in how peaceful I'm feeling this holiday season.

What are some small and simple things you do that pamper you?

1 comment:

Debra Erfert said...

Pampering…that's a word I don't' usually associate with myself. I do use scented lotion. That's something. This season has been much busier than in the past. Moving is a nightmare of complications.