Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Word Count Wednesday With Words People Hate

Family stuff is kicking my butt this week.  Seriously.  Butt kicked.

(I know some people hate the word butt.  Sorry. Please don't be offended.)

My word count was dismal.  My emotional self was hollow.  The only motivation I felt was when I was in my bed about to go to sleep and I would think, "dang, I really need to write this and this and this."  Right before my exhausted body said, "ain't happenin' sister."

So, even with all my good intentions, my word count sucked.

(I know some people hate the word sucked. Sorry. Please don't be offended.)

I am going to try to get some serious word count in this week before I meet with my critique group again. But we'll see how it goes.  Real life, mom life, wife life, they are all taking over my writing life at the moment. I have noticed in the past, though, that when my writing life is doing well, the rest of my life seems to follow suit, so I'll maybe try that and see if it can work for me one more time.

How did you do this week?

2 comments:

Debra Erfert said...

LIfe happens! And sometimes life sucks! It also kicks our butts and all we want to do is get a good night's sleep.

I wrote 475 words this week on my WIP, but I had to spend part of the week rewriting parts of RELATIVE EVIL for the pre-editing. I was allotted 3 weeks for that part, but finished in 3 days. I kicked butt!

Good luck this week with your word count!

Janice Sperry said...

I've been plugging away at editing my nano project. It keeps getting put on the back burner. Today I got a pre-press pdf of my book and I'm frantically trying to get through it to be sure there aren't any typos. (I realize the irony of saying that while I'm commenting here. I'm taking a brain break.) Rebel Princess goes to press tomorrow! I'm getting all emotional just thinking about it.