Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Castle That Wasn't & Do You Know a Good Joke?

I was so disappointed last night. The TV Guide advertised a new Castle and I was excited to sit down and enjoy the episode after such a rough day, but instead it was a rerun of Number One Fan.  Sigh.  That was so how my day had gone.  Nothing turned out how I'd planned.

I switched over to The Blacklist because I had liked this show so well in the first ten episodes, but it's a hot mess now.  Way too violent and everything is so confusing.  The main character, Lizzie, is like watching a tennis match.  She wants to stay home with her new baby, no she doesn't.  She wants to work on her marriage, but really, she doesn't.  She wants a baby, she doesn't.  She didn't trust Red, now she does.  We have a mole that makes no sense and doesn't even really know who she's working for. Red killed his random butler, but for what? And why does every killing have to be so ultra-violent?  The white lady is shot over and over again, for what? Nothing is making any sense. I even watched the Beyond the Blacklist vids on Youtube to try to make sense of it, but what started out as a promising premise is not engaging me anymore because the writers are going for mysterious, but losing me as an audience in the process.  Go back to the start and give some answers to questions to help make sense of things instead of giving the audience nothing solid to even cling on to.  Seriously.  Please do that.   We don't get any more new eps until after the Olympics, so maybe I'll give it another episode or two to redeem itself (James Spader is great) but then again maybe not.

I did manage to lose myself in a book to salvage the day.  Thank heavens for books.

How's your week going?  Tell me a joke or something that will make me smile, will ya?  I could use that.

4 comments:

Janice Sperry said...

New game for moms to play with their kids. It's called duct duct tape. (rim shot)

Janice Sperry said...

If you wear cowboy clothes, then you're ranch dressin'!

Debra Erfert said...

Hahaha! Janice, you're too funny!

I never started watching The Blacklist specifically because I can't stand Spader. (sorry) I have to like the actors or it's a no go.

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Haha, Janice, THANK YOU for those! That brought a smile to my face.

I'm so grateful for you and Debra. Thanks for being my cyber-friends.