Thursday, December 5, 2013

Marketing Guide for Indie Authors

A few weeks ago I talked about marketing tips for writers.  You can refresh your memory of my thoughts here

Since then I've had a few people ask where they should start in the process and felt like they wanted more detail.  They also wanted more ideas on how to reach a target audience and what promos were good to start with.

I started writing up a blog post on it, then thought I would just link you to one of the more detailed posts I've seen on it by Stephanie Fowers. She goes through step by step of how to build and online presence, how to find your target audience, and gives a plethora of promo ideas.  You can see it all here

Once you're done with that, there was another post recently that lists all the promo sites you can list your ebook on and they had a fairly extensive review of each one as well.  You can read that here

Like I said in my original marketing post a few weeks ago, though, there is no magic marketing bullet.  You have to find what works for you, but it is helpful to know what's out there and where to start.

If you have any other marketing ideas that you've seen and liked, let me know in the comments section!

1 comment:

Debra Erfert said...

I have nothing to add, but I do need to know everything about marketing pretty soon when I indie publish my trilogy. I'm just waiting on my Beta readers to get back with me on Book 2 before I feel comfortable in starting the covers and such. Thanks for the links! I'm sure they'll go a long way in helping.